Thursday, September 06, 2007

Nostalghia...found a copy.

To those who have chosen tarkovsky's Nostalghia: It is very hard to find, I was told at Kim's that it is out of print...very out of print. After much searching, I found a video store in Williamsburg that has it to rent on VHS, and have it reserved there. I'm going to get it this evening, so let me know when you want to watch it. The only other copy that seems to exist in the city is at the ny public library branch in Lincoln Center, so I suggest that you contact me soon: I'm sure I will only be able to rent it for a day or two...also, found a copy on ebay that has to be shipped from korea, only 10 bucks, though. I'll probably send out for it.

12 comments:

Joyce Billet said...

Mike I would love to take it after you maybe tomorrow, or maybe we could watch it together? let me know

Mike Toste said...

either way is fine, I'll let you know what the rental policy is when I get back from the store. I'll probably watch it tonight...if my VCR still works.

Mike Toste said...

I have the movie in my possession until saturday evening when I have to return it to the video store. Let me know what you want to do, I may watch it this evening, regardless, but I'll probably want to watch it again before I return it.

Hot Ashes for Trees said...

Nostalghia is playing at my apt tonight at 8:30. All are welcome bring your own beer and cheer. 65 Cambridge Place Apt.2 is the address. Go in direction of traffic on St. James, make first left on green, make first right on cambridge, apt is on left at the end of the block. There is a cat here that eats capers too. See ya

marc said...

i know i said to read first. however the best thing to do is to watch the film, then read, then watch it again.

ahmed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ahmed said...

then read again! whats the name of the place in williamsburg?

Hot Ashes for Trees said...

Reel Life...Its on Bedford between N5th and N6th.

Joyce Billet said...

I found the movie in dvd version, i will be watching it this afternoon, i will watch it again this week end. let me know if any of you want to watch it with me this week end or borrow it.

ahmed said...

Joyce what day and time this weekend?

Mike Toste said...

where did you find it?

Joyce Billet said...

Mike, i found it in a rental store in St. Mark's place.
Ahmed, Do you want to watch it tomorrow afternoon or evening?