Saturday, September 22, 2007

Issues with logging and capturing

It seems that the digital video cameras they have at the media center at pratt dont take, or allow the use of a fire wire port for logging and capturing. I tried using a usb port, but Final Cut, Priemier, and i-movie do not recognize the importing of video with a usb port. so I'm kinda stuck here not knowing what to do! i know i can go to the film labs in the arc and use their DV decks, but Id like to start editing tonight. does anyone have any quick suggesstions????

3 comments:

Leslie Flynt said...

I got caught with the same problem - only thing I know is to use the docking stations in the labs

ahmed said...

thats what i thought. thanks

Liz DeMello said...

its probably too late, but i opened the files with windows movie maker, which comes with windows xp. i imported the movie and then saved it to my computer as a dv-avi (nstc) file. the other settings may work, but that was the first one that worked for me and i was pretty aggravated at that point. it takes some time to convert, but that way works with sound and video.