Sunday, September 23, 2007

How to capture stills from a DVD

Ok everybody, here is how to capture stills from a DVD (Disc):

First of all, although it seems complicated, it is actually very easy after you've gone through the tutorial. I suggest that whoever has the same videos go through the ripping process together and share the compressed (avi) file so that you don't all have to go through the entire process . Its easy, but can be time consuming (most of it is just waiting for the computer to convert files) and it also requires a ton of hard drive space (around 4gb) to temporarily store the uncompressed DVD on your computer. So like I said, I think it makes sense to do it together if possible...

So here's what you need to do:

1. Go to
: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm
2. Download "DVD shrink" and install it
3. Install the "Womble mpeg video wizard" (one of the programs that I gave you)
4. View the attached tutorial (It is hard to see exactly what I'm doing because of the bad video quality that the video gets converted to when uploaded, but I think you guys will be able to figure it out..)

No comments: