Friday, February 09, 2007

Prelim Schedule

For the Final:

Drawings

1/8” = 1’ sections and plans (the number depends on the complexity of the final design)

1/4” = 1’ sectional detail

Model

1/16” = 1’ model

1/128” or 1/64= 1’ site model

1/8” = 1’ unraveling circuit model

I would like the emphasis to be on models. Once I flesh out the idea through sketch models and drawings I would like to really get into modeling the space in a way that represents the experience of walking through.

Here is my schedule up until midterm:

I will try to add on to it this weekend as I am working

I will try to move past documentation of the building as fast as possible. I feel like the first drawing/model must show in detail the existing condition (with possible beginning of intervention). I will try to get past this stage as quickly as possible.

This weekend

Begin collage drawing of building. It will be a compression of the film into one drawing so that I can begin to refer to this drawing rather than showing the film at every review.

Mon Feb 12

Begin Fragment drawing.

Thurs Feb 15

Begin to finish up the fragment drawing

Begin building a “box of fragments” model

Mon Feb 19

Continue building box of fragments model

Thurs Feb 22

Continue building box of fragments model

Mon Feb 26

Class pinup

Have box of fragments model completed

Respond to criticism and begin collected fragments drawing

Thurs March 1

Continue collected fragments drawing

Begin “pinning” fragments together

Mon March 5

Series of sketch models that consider relation to spaces and materiality

Thurs March 8

Series of sketch models that consider relation to spaces and materiality

Mon March 12

Begin plans and sections

Thurs March 15

Continue plans and sections

March 19

Midterm

No comments: