Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I was going to hold my tongue on this matter until I was interrogated in studio this morning by Tom Hanrahan, who was particularly distraught about a spray painting incident in HHN 209 on Monday morning, reported by a professor who teaches a class in that room.

I did not say anything to Tom, but want to address this to the studio as one of your peers. Based on the timeline, color, dimensions, and shape of the overspray on the table in 209, its reasonable to assume that this is the doing of one of us. Even if my assumption is incorrect, I'm not going to retract my sentiments on this matter because I actually watched one of you test a can of spray paint on a wall in our studio.

It is absurd that some of you have a blatantly selfish disregard for the other students, faculty, and physical facilities of this school. It is equally absurd that our administrators' time has to be diverted from important issues to policing the generally uncivilized behavior of adults who should know better.

No comments: