Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'm thinking about fragment and whole. especially, how can the fragment influence the whole.
I think every project has its own purpose and function, and the fragment can be means to reinforce its purpose. For instancce I went to a church. It has so simple shapes ,and it was made out of few materials like exposed concrete and some wood. When I went to the inside, a huge light- cross was on the whole floor. It was absolutely holy space. The light came from a cross-hole of a wall. this church was the church of light of Ando. In this case, I think only one fragment influences the whole condition such as building, emotion of people etc. Also lots of fragments can control the whoe condition and hormonize with the whole things including other fragments that have consistent architectural language.I think works of Calros Scarpa can be good examples.
So, I have interests in relationship and influence among fragments, whole contion, and people.


Sorry about some errors.

1 comment:

marc said...

did you read the tell the tale detail? should be helpful for you...