Thursday, January 18, 2007

January 18, 2007

As of the moment, these are the generative/representational items that I think I will need to have completed by the end of the semester. I'm planning to start most of these items for the sketch problem as diagrams. I have already started some of these last semester and over the break and have stated so if that is the case.

Site/Contextual Drawings – To eventually include project

1. Large Contextual Map. Started.
2. Local Contextual Map. Started.
3. Site Sections and Elevations at 1/8”=1’-0”. 4 minimum, 8 preferred. Started.
4. Site Photographs. Started

Project Drawings
1. Plans at 1/4"=1’-0”. Number to be determined by design.
2. Sections at 1/4"=1’-0”. 4 minimum.
3. Exterior elevations at 1/4"=1’-0”. Three total. One for each exterior face.
4. Interior Elevations at 1/4"=1’-0”. Two minimum if these drawings are not combined with the sections.
5. Perspectives. Four minimum.

Models
1. Contextual model at 1/16”=1’-0”. Started.
2. Final Project Model 1/8”=1’-0” or 1/4"=1’-0”.
3. Detail model at 1/2"=1’-0”. One or Two
4. One full Scale Detail

Other
1. Short films (this is still under consideration).
2. Narratives. Finish the narrative I started last semester and write a new one for the program.


I have roughed out a schedule for both the sketch problem and the rest of the semester. My long-term schedule is highly subject to change because I prefer to work holistically and rather than finalizing an individual assignment and starting the next I prefer to simultaneously work on a number of tasks and develop the project through the play between them. Click the link below to view my schedule. It is in .pdf format.

Semester Schedule of Work.

No comments: