Saturday, March 08, 2008

To all who need grades for the research term:

Dear All who need grades for the research term:

First, we owe you an apology for having allowed this task to slip. You will get grades on Monday.
On my part, allow me to expand a bit, not as an excuse, but as a narrative of why I, personally let it slip. In January, Mark and I reviewed your late submissions at length. in our personal time. We carefully read the booklets. That task takes me a few hours.

At the end of that process we called Juliet and gave the go ahead for the late students to enroll for the Spring. After spending considerable time carefully reviewing you work, and giving you the right to register for the spring, I felt that those students had passed the research course. The grade was a last minor administrative step.

I, on my part, apologize again for this slippage. That being said all of you should not worry too much about the grade. It will reflect the quality of your work and as well the lateness of its submission. Just focus on doing better this semester. As I said, we. will take care of it on Monday. Dan

No comments: