Friday, March 07, 2008

modified structure


after the discussion yesterday, I decided that the structure system HAS to change.
I know I need to develop further, but I have to take that step back, because I agree with
many of the comments: in particular, the structure looking like it is randomly positioned,
not having much relation to the slab and the adjacent structure. ( and needs to be worked out "gracefully")
and to resolve this, my decision is to change the system first.
first, I am not using the earlier parametric, because the curve-look and the relation to the
slabs are not being controlled. ( plus I like the idea more that the light shaft should not have curves, although it may have angles)

Now, after the slab heights are positioned. the square structure will rotate 90 degrees from slab to the next slab. and lateral bracing will be place between the 90 degree change. the lateral bracing will gradually show the square rotating. although all the lines are straight, at an oblique view the structure gets slender in the middle. if the ceiling height is taller, this middle part gets more slender.

the model is not in scale, but I will have few wide ones(that can actually bring in light) and leave much of others at a size that the shafts dont become too dominant.

the parameters in this case, would be the square holes, and position. ( I believe this will resolve the slab relation better)

comments asap would be great.

1 comment:

derik said...

the earlier "curved structures" are not bad because of the curves itself but because controlling the parametric for curves is a more bottom-up process whereas in the new structure(for slab relation purposes) it is a more top-down(or global-local))