Tuesday, February 19, 2008

On Program

I think that one of my main hold-ups in moving my program forward is the lack of a concrete program precedent: I have mentioned that housing may be appropriate for my site as well as theoretically consistent with my thesis. As this is the case, I am was thinking that I would use the program specifications of the Unite d'habitation as a guide in my project, while investigating and incorporating some of the principles of the metabolist housing strategy and something like architgram's plug-in city.
Modularity and rhythm, in particular have been key components in my thesis.
The other side of this will be a research center of sorts, to study the environment surrounding the canal, I would like to use Kahn's research facilities as precedent for that.

I think this will be helpful to quickly develop a tentative site and program strategy for my project. I would appreciate any feedback on the appropriateness of these precedents, and any other suggestions regarding this.

No comments: