Monday, February 04, 2008

liz's notes

-profound thesis. 1st one about expression.
-the maze, to look into, gives ultimate power. to be inside, gives excitement.
-human conditions, 1st is my value, 2nd is artifacts, reevaluate how I question my work.
-maybe supermarket needs a new defination. I am playing with what's already there.
-material not enough for synaesthetic.
-quality, content is the fruit. now you relate to the object. wont mind whole building being mesh. how does your body engage it? to look down?
-piece bottom up
-think if point structure (column) goes with the idea of the maze, or line structure (load bearing walls)

1 comment:

Liz DeMello said...

This is what I wrote about my detail.

The detail shows a section through an indoor-outdoor boundary. The inside is the supermarket, while the outside is the farmer’s market. The food displays continue through both these spaces to blur the edge of the inside and the outside. This idea is also shown by extending the concrete and the preforated metal past the glass box. The edge is now blurred and cannot be clearly defined.

Also, i think with my project, it would probably help the most to look at it overall. I have a general idea of what I want the details to do, but the details are going to be shaped by their placement in the site and program. North, south orientation, which street they are near are all going to effect the placement of the roofing and probably which item goes where.