Friday, December 01, 2006

Synthesis of Perceptions, Chaos, The Figure
Performative Technique
For this sunday, I want to show my film to the class. I think it will be in a good place, and we show alot of what I talked about in the last presentation. As for right now, I continued to document the elevator site, specifically in section. I am inserting the figures from my movie into the drawings to show the scale of the human body in the space and its operative qualities. I would also like to further document the performance of the mirrors placement on every floor, which shouldn't take long. This will be in addition and complementary to my film.
Site/Program
I plan on using an existing office building at Lafayette St and Prince St in SoHo as my possible place of intervention. This happens to be where I work. I want to try to bring life to this building type. One thing I realize after taking that 30-40 min subway ride, then walking along the sidewalk and entering the doors, past the security desk. I wait patiently for the elevator, it then comes, and I ascend, stopping at many floors before I get to mine, the 13th. I walk out of the elevator and unlock the door to the office and enter. I get myself a glass of water, then head over to my desk and turn on my computer. This is a ritual I go through every day I go to work and often I am not even conscious of it, I completely blank out during this entire time, which is close to 1 hour. So what I want to try to do is make this task into something that can cause the mind to think and question.

No comments: