Tuesday, January 22, 2008

program (to Marc and Dan)

after the discussion with Marc yesterday, I like the idea of the program being specific to one brand, instead of a mall. there would be layers of different sensitivity of seeing a glimpse of the product, seeing(display, or gallery), hearing, touching(trying) and viewing the manufacturing(background), touring the manufacturing (present experience), and confined space (worker's room etc.)
I began to be interested in this product being a "sensitive mechanics" which the process of making is appreciated and intentionally exposed; the sensitivity of perception of manufacturing would be controlled. The product I have in mind is the CAMERA. a Leica specifically. they are famous for the delicate handcraft, elaborate manufacturing to produce best quality cameras (cameras which are used for capturing motionless memories). I found that there is a factory that has tours in Germany.

I will continue with the mesh+glass+... systems to control lighting, sensitivity of perception (lighting will control which side of the glass has vision to the other side.)

please let me know your thoughts.

3 comments:

marc said...

ok...
continue...do it

marc said...

you should visit the sejima museum on the bowery...do you know their work? get familiar...

derik said...

new museum? I haven't been there yet. I'll look up images for now and visit tomorrow.