Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Model to Build






















here are sketches of the model I will build.
(Marc, I was assuming that you left, but if you did come back, I'm sorry I wasn't there at the moment. I had to step out for a while)

the sketch is what I propose as "Light Shafts" The Shafts would be a shaft of structural glass with mesh in the inside. much is quite the same (in terms of the use of the mesh) as the model I had today except that the glass is structural and forms 4 sides to make a "room". these shafts-rooms according to size would become storage area, rest area for workers, or maybe even a dressing room if the glass works like the bathrooms in Bar 89 ( I don't think there is a name for the system.
the "Light Shelfs" will slide in/out to control the light into the shaft. (similar to the study model)

I will make 2 shafts to hold the roof(ceiling) and will make the floor,ceiling big enough so that the lit
shafts could be contrast with the rest of the shadowed space.

I will study and put more detail in the connections. (floor to glass to ceiling)

4 comments:

derik said...

in the image the structural glass is only a thick block; i meant it to be a system that actually supports the roof(not the glass 'fins' that are only meant to hold the glass itself.)
if it doesn't work out with just glass, i'll put structure inside the shafts.

derik said...

in the image the structural glass is only a thick block; i meant it to be a system that actually supports the roof(not the glass 'fins' that are only meant to hold the glass itself.)
if, after some research, it doesn't work out with just glass, i'll put structure inside the shafts.

marc said...

ok derik
build build build
i may be able to stop in today to talk a bit...
trust yourself and build

marc said...

good drawings