Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Final Notes

Like perception- doesn't need direct association
Hotel w/ art is too manipulates, needs to be more neutral
This analysis if Tarkovsky followed by your film gives the notion of still
Intriguing site-manufactured nature
What is it?
does a hotel out on the pier make sense?
Be more honest to the site
Flat not volumetric,
enough to reflect the city
notion of still- positional pins- overlay of reflectivity- use of still in moving picture-
What does the site want to become because of the materials I have?
Reflection- facade- even one wall- illusionistic space
material- maybe it's the sound that reveal subtleness of reflectivity
Take note of manufactured elements-use of technique
Programs in exile - outside of city freeway- not to make it banal- whether it should be a tourist thing.
may need to invent something- perhaps program criterias is that it touches water
What does it mean for you?
What does the mirror do?- ariculate?
is reflection mirroring?
What have I been doing?
disemboding agent- disembodied sensibilities- intrigued by film
Play through distances- how are you going to talk about reflection?
elements of reflection but thinking metaphorically
Installation where sound is amplified-
across different disciplines, all sensations of site
Not to restrict vision
Using skills to reveal synaesthesia.

1 comment:

Joyce Billet said...

What I was able to learn from the critic is that first of all I wold like to change my program.
I don't know what it will be yet but i am working on it . It will be a program that will allow one to experience every aspect of the site not only visually but, but the sounds and smell will also ply a big part. I am going to focus on all the elements I picked on the site and see how they could be used and be efficient to generate my program. I am also going to focus on using the techinques of mirroring but in more precise ways. I will try to go further with it and set rules to limit my self.