Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The ever evolving TO DO list

To do:

1. Drawing over printed site to capture experiential qualities at two key durations: Morning rush and weekend evenings.

2. Layered drawing, possibly over site but maybe placed over site after drawing is completed, connecting/colliding the anatomy of a theater to reestablish the relationships of theater spaces.

3. There have been a number of material approaches under consideration and I have yet to decide which to choose.

4. Site Model – Building the existing area that will remain physically unaffected out of chipboard or wood.

5. A layered model that is then carved into revealing unexpected configurations at different levels.
• Layered chipboard
• Layered wax
• Layered plaster
• Layered oil paint
This could be both a drawing and a model.

I will put together a schedule when I can clearly see which means of working will be the most successful.
As far as the schedule for the detail, I am drawing a few ideas and will have a plan of action and time schedule by Thursday. Since I have a tendency to try to do too many things at once I am going to go for the smallest scale model and make a couple of different configurations. At least the first detail will be small. If I feel that it will be more beneficial at full scale and want to build that one joint, I will do it full scale. I want to have this determined by the end of class on Thursday so that I can have to weekend to get materials, prepare space and build.

No comments: