Thursday, November 30, 2006

November 30, 2006

On Moving Ahead

"House. Subway. Nightclub. Synaesthetic Memory Mapping and Spatial Joining."

Is the above too long for a title? Maybe I will continue to think about that.

Things I will work on from now until the final.

1. Further develop the Memory Map that I have already begun.

2. Beyond analysis inherent in the Memory Map, I will work on developing an analysis of my site and its relation to the city. Whereas the Synaesthetic Memory Map is largely about recording sensory experience along an itinerary, this site analysis will start to look at the existing conditions that will undeniably influence the way the program is intervened into the site.

3. Taking the program of the House, The Subway, and the Nightclub, I expect the design to be driven by spatial connection, or joining. With the anticipation that a more complete Memory Map will begin to yield new combinations of senses and spatial conditions (in the map, memory is the bridging of similar sensory experiences and the spaces where they occur, which are found when a past, present, and future itinerary are overlaid upon each other), I will begin to diagram, likely through models, how these new combinations could possibly join.

4. Generally edit my book and update it as new work is created.

No comments: